ASSISTANT NATIONAL COACH (female applicants only)
Judo Canada is currently seeking a female Assistant National Coach (ANC) to help implement Judo Canada’s High-Performance plan and prepare its national team for medal performances at the 2028 Olympic Games.
Support the implementation of Judo Canada’s National Team Programs, as designed by the High-Performance Director and Head Coach.
The ANC reports to the Head Coach.
- Provide tactical and technical advice, feedback and recommendations to assigned National Team athletes.
- Assist the Head Coach in identifying effective sports science and medical services and ensure that these are available to assigned National Team athletes.
- Coordinate the services of the Integrated Support Team (IST) for assigned National Team athletes.
- Provide the Head Coach with reports on national and international events, including results, recommendations, expense reports, etc.
- Facilitate the integration and recruitment of new athletes at the National Training Centre.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of all national camps.
- Assist the Head Coach in other coaching duties as required.
- Assist the Head Coach in the evaluation of Judo Canada’s policies.
- Assist the Head Coach in monitoring the compliance of carded athletes with training and competitive programs, as per the Athlete Agreement of Judo Canada.
- Communicate testing results to assigned athletes, and design/revise their training programs, as needed.
- Assist the High-performance Manager and the Head Coach in planning and organizing international travels and other national team activities.
- Assist the High-Performance Manager and Head Coach in maintaining ongoing communication with the National Team members on all activities, schedules, camps, selection procedures and other policies.
- NCCP Level 4 or Judo Canada’s High Performance Coach Certification (or equivalency).
- Demonstrated success in coaching athletes (women and/or men) at the international level.
- Capable of partaking in an extensive travel schedule.
- Strong sports science background, with the ability to incorporate scientific concepts into training programs.
- The candidate must be able to communicate in English and/or French. Bilingualism is an asset.
- Computer skills (i.e., e-mailing, word processing, web searches, spreadsheets, etc.).
- Knowledge of the Canadian sports system and structures.
- The candidate must accept that Judo Canada requires a background check done by Canadian security agencies.
Start Date: Flexible.
Salary: Based on experience
Job type: Permanent position
Application deadline: December 15, 2023
The ANC will be based at the National Training Center in Montreal, at 4141 Pierre-de-Coubertin.
We are enjoining female applicants to send by e-mail a cover letter, with salary expectations and resume to [email protected].
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.