Tammy Thornton, Trailblazing Role Model13 April 2023
Self-Defence: The Key to Confidence20 April 2023
Judo Canada is seeking nominations for individuals to fill two vacant positions on the Nomination Committee with one of them being external of the Judo Canada Board.
- The members of the Committee shall have no vested interests in the election of Board members. Open to Non-Judo Canada Members.
NOMINATION COMMITTEE MANDATE:
- The general mandate of the Nomination Committee is to generate a strong pool of candidates for Director positions on the Board and advise the Board and the Members of those candidates best qualified to meet the needs of Judo Canada.
- The committee will be responsible for vetting potential candidates, evaluating a candidate’s skills and expertise, determining a candidate’s independence as per these bylaws, and making
recommendations to the membership about elections.
- Full details of the specific responsibilities can be found in the Nomination Policy: https://judocanada.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Nomination-Policy_EN_Sep-2022.pdf
TERM and WORKLOAD:
- This is an annual term with the possibility for renewal.
- Meetings of the committee are facilitated through electronic and teleconference communication.
- The position also requires about 20 hours per year.
If you meet these requirements, and are interested in contributing your expertise to Judo Canada, please send a resume and statement of interest no later than May 30, 2023, to Nicolas Gill, CEO/HPD: [email protected]