Judo Canada is a non-profit organization working to promote the principles and teachings of the sport of Judo and to work towards the advancement of Judo throughout Canada
Judo Canada is presently seeking a full-time Assistant National Coach – Junior/Cadet to support Judo Canada’s High Performance plan, leading to sustainable medal performances at World Championships and Olympic Games.
Support the implementation of Judo Canada’s National Team Programs for Juniors (U21) and Cadets (U18), as designed by the High Performance Director/National Head Coach (HPD/NHC) and approved by Judo Canada.
The Assistant National Coach – Junior/Cadet (ANC-Jr/Ca) reports to HPD/NHC.
- Provide tactical and technical advice, feedback and recommendations to members of the Jr/Ca National Team.
- Travel internationally with Junior/Cadet Team as planned by the HPD/NHC.
- Supervise the daily training of the Junior/Cadet National Team at the National Training Center.
- Assist the HPD/NHC in identifying effective sport science and medical services and ensure that these are available to members of the Jr/Ca National Team.
- Provide to the HPD/NHC reports on national and international events, including results, recommendations, expense reports, etc.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of all national camps.
- Assist the HPD/NHC in maintaining ongoing communication with the Jr/Ca National Team members on all activities, schedules, camps, selection procedures and other policies.
- Level 4 or Competition-Development under the Canadian National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP), or Level 3 and pursuing Level 4 at a National Coaching Institute (NCI) or other equivalent post-secondary educational qualification.
- Previous demonstration of successful coaching of athletes/teams at the international level.
- Availability to travel extensively and to work evening and weekends.
- Strong sports science background, with ability to incorporate the concepts into training programs.
- The candidate must be able to communicate in English and/or French. Bilingualism is an asset.
- The candidate accepts that the employer will require security and background checks from Canadian authorities.
- Computer skills (i.e. e-mailing, word processing, web search, spreadsheets etc.).
- Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System and structures.
Application Deadline: May 10th, 2015
Commencement of employment: June 15th 2015
Salary range: $45,000-$55,000 plus benefits
Full Job description: jr_ca_job_description_April 7_2015_final
The ANC-Jr/Ca will work at the National Training Center in Montreal. Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. All applications will be confidential.
Introduction letter with salary expectations and CV should be sent to:
Judo Canada, 212-1725 St. Laurent, Ontario, K1G 3V4. Fax: 514-800-1274 E-mail address: HP@judocanada.org
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
This position is financially supported by Sport Canada.