Communications & Events Coordinator – Judo Canada
Post date: Apr. 1, 2016
Application Deadline: Apr. 15, 2016
Start Date: May. 2, 2016
Judo Canada is currently searching for a COMMUNICATIONS & EVENTS COORDINATOR. The successful candidate will be someone with exceptional people skills and who is tremendously organised. We are looking for someone dynamic who enjoys working with volunteers. Web content management, social media experience and bilingualism are required for this position.
If you have a bachelor in sport management, communications or tourism (or other relevant education combined with experience), please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Reports to: Executive Director
• Internally interacts with: Sport Director, Office Manager, National Tournament Committee, HP Manager
• Externally interacts with: the media, private sector organizations, local organizing committees
• Responsibility over: External communication/promotion of programs and activities, Organisation and delivery of all events directly sanctioned by Judo Canada
• Work with the Executive Director to develop & implement a communication and promotion strategy for events and the sport
• Define & promote the brand of the organization through events and social media/online presence
• Develop & distribute promotional material
• Develop & maintain a merchandising program
• Work with the judo community to find innovative ways of increasing awareness and branding of judo in Canada
• Find new avenues of promotion for the organization
National Events: (40%)
• Work with the Sport Director and National Tournament Committee to establish the priorities for Judo Canada’s national events and circuits.
• Develop a comprehensive and integrated plan and timetable for all national events including links to fundraising, sponsorship, sport programs, education and development programs, and marketing activities.
• Plan, organize, and deliver national events as required. This includes working with local tourism agencies and various levels of government funders.
• Prepare a national calendar of judo events and activities in cooperation with the provinces and territories to be shared and maintained on a regular basis.
• Seek creative ways to integrate and leverage judo activities and events for broader exposure
• Provide communications advice/template related to national events, fundraising, and other judo activities as required
• Develop a post-event evaluation framework and apply after each event
• Prepare and submit reports as required.
• Work with the Executive Director to establish partnership priorities
• Develop a comprehensive partnership plan of action with links to events, fundraising and activities to support the outreach goals of Judo Canada
• Build relationships and networks with key internal stakeholders within the Judo Canada community
• Establish a database of contacts and sponsor targets to be managed and maintained
• Support the Judo Canada office in applying for grant and other fund-seeking applications as required
• Successfully target, attract and maintain relationships with the private sector according to established goals
• Maintain proper records and documentation of all partnership activities and efforts and submit reports as required
• Represent Judo Canada at meetings as required
• Performance evaluation by: Executive Director
• Performance measures based on: Meet performance benchmarks and metrics as defined in negotiations between incumbent and Judo Canada.
• High level of satisfaction with event management, revenue generation and communications provided by the incumbent as expressed by stakeholders.
Type of Position: Full Time
Employment Type: Employee
Salary Range: 38-45,000