Judo Canada is presently seeking a full-time NATIONAL TEAM THERAPIST& IST Lead medical.
Role: As an integral member of the Judo Canada’s Integrated Support Team (IST), the National Team Therapist (NTT) position will be responsible for providing services to National Team members. The National Team Therapist will work with the IST sport science and lead medical experts to provide services in injury prevention, emergency and acute care, assessment, and complete rehabilitation of injuries.
· Professional degree in physiotherapy, certified athletic therapy or other equivalent post-secondary educational qualification and a member in good standing of OPPQ (or other provincial equivalent) or CATA.
· Minimum 2 years working experience
· The candidate must be able to communicate in English and French.
· Experience working with elite athletes and coaches.
· Knowledge of Canadian sport medicine protocols.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational skills and ability to work unsupervised
· Strong ability to work in a team
· Available for extensive travel with team (around 12 weeks per year).
· The candidate must accept that the employer will require security and background checks from Canadian security agencies.
Contract period: Initially a one year contract from November 1, 2016 until October 31, 2017. Pending a positive evaluation, the contract may be extended until the August 31, 2020 to include the next Olympic Games. The position is considered full time, is based at the National Training Center in Montreal and requires extensive travel to support athletes in international competitions and training tours.
Salary: Salary will reflect the successful candidates’ qualifications and experience, within guidelines of our funding partners.
Applications: All candidates should include a CV and a letter outlining the candidate’s qualifications, experience and salary expectations. Applications may be submitted in English or French. By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org please indicate National Team Therapist in the subject line. OR By fax: 514-800-1274
Deadline: September 23, 2016
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
This position is financially supported by Sport Canada and Own the Podium.