Job Offer: Communication and Event Officer—Summer job
Judo Canada is currently seeking a Communication, Media Relations and Events Officer (CMEO) to implement Judo Canada’s communication and events plan.
Support the implementation of Judo Canada’s communication and event plans as requested by the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
The CMEO reports to the COO.
• Develop, write and promote informative and promotional content;
• Update contents on the organization’s websites;
• Update contents on the organization’s social media platforms;
• Help the team in seeking and activate new sponsorships;
• Help the team in organizing events;
• Help the team in delivering the summer camp and launch day camps;
• Other tasks as required.
• Full-time student in a post-secondary institution: professional studies, college or university, preferably in a related field (communication, public relations, sport and recreation, etc.) during the previous school year who intends to return to school full-time in the next school year;
• 30 years old or younger on May 10, 2019;
• Practical experience related to the industry;
• High level of proficiency in French, oral and written;
• High level of proficiency in English, oral and written, is an asset;
• Proficiency with the required technological tools and Microsoft Office programs;
• Planning and organizational skills;
• Meticulous work and detail-oriented;
• Analyzing and problem-solving skills;
• Sound judgment and confidentiality;
• Knowledge about the sports industry or judo is an asset.
Start Date: May 20, 2019
Salary: based on experience
Type of employment: Full-time (35h/week) for 12 weeks.
Application deadline: May 6, 2019
The CMEO will be based in the National Office in Montreal, at 4141 Pierre-de-Coubertin.
A cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is supported by Employment and Social Development Canada.